Purpose of the price The Committee of “Pro Natura- pro ski” wants to support the dissemination and application of the guide. To this aim - in addition to a training programme for planners and operators - an award was launched. The award will honour the efforts by operators of ski resorts, which have made outstanding achievements in the field of nature, landscape and environmental services.
With the "price pro natura - pro ski", the following objectives shall be reached:
- It supports the implementation of the objectives of the Foundation.
- It helps to promote the environmental auditing amongst the skiing area operators and is an incentive to use this instrument and the guide.
- It promotes innovation of enterprises and competition among ski resort operators in the field of nature, landscape and environmental precaution.
- It helps those companies which made a commitment to consistent attention to the concerns of Nature, landscape and environment decided to have a competitive advantage in the Market.
- It is a guide for all customers and operators, who prefer an environmentally operating.
- It allows the actors - including the Foundation pro natura - pro ski to present the results of their work to a wider audience to make known their efforts.
The prize is awarded every two years (first 2009) on the occasion of the biennial Conference of the Alpine Convention (comprising the environmental ministries of the Alpine Countries). The location of the award is determined by the venue of the Conference.
The total prize amounts to 50.000. - € per contest.